We count on the generosity of our members and partners to keep our doors open to whoever needs a place to go to help them be more healthy, confident, connected and secure. A “Better Us” is possible when our community gets behind the cause of the YMCA.
The YMCA Annual Campaign funds are directed toward scholarships for children, families, and individuals to participate in the Y’s outstanding membership and program offerings in Marquette County.
Whether you are in a position to assist others in their well-being, or whether you could use the assistance, the YMCA is a place that you are welcomed.
- Download the Financial Assistance Application or pick one up at the Marquette location YMCA.
- Submit the completed application, verification of all income sources OR your last 1040 tax return, in person or by mail. Incomplete applications will cause a delay in processing.
- You will be notified by mail of your financial award within two weeks.
- Sign up for your membership within 30 days to begin enjoying all of the benefits and opportunities available at the YMCA.
- Contact the YMCA at 906.227.9622 with any questions you may have.
We want to be sure that assistance goes to those most in need. With information to verify income and family size, we can award scholarships in a fair and consistent manner.
Your information is confidential and will only be seen by the YMCA Financial Assistance committee.
The program works as a partnership with each individual or family and the YMCA. The exact amount of the partnership depends on the extent of the need. We work to help as many people as possible with limited resources. The maximum membership scholarship varies depending upon need and funds available. We cannot give out free memberships through this program.
Awards are available for selected programs. Financial assistance is not provided for specialty programs or services such as private swim lessons, personal training or birthday parties.
Financial assistance is awarded for 6 to 24 months. When your award expires, you may complete a new financial assistance application, cancel your membership or change to a full paying member. If your income increases during your award period, you are required to notify the YMCA. Failure to do so may make you ineligible for future awards.
Participants can pay for their YMCA membership in the following ways:
- 6 or 12 month full pay
- Monthly(bank draft)
Financial assistance participants may place their membership on hold with the same policies in place as other membership types.