CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Coordinate the development and day-to-day operations of the child care center in harmony with the mission statement and policies of the YMCA of Marquette County. This position is an exempt full time manager position 40 hours per week (including weekend duty throughout the year).
- Hire, train, evaluate, and supervise assigned staff and volunteers in accordance with the Association Human Resource procedures and policies.
- Provide development and leadership
- Prepare staff schedules, assuring sufficient staff coverage during hours of operation and personally cover shifts if necessary to maintain state licensing ratios
- Develop positive relationships with participants and parents providing motivational support and guidance
- Maintain open, regular communications with staff and parents
- Maintain participant records and other documentation in accordance with state licensing and association requirements
- Maintain and uphold child care center policies and practices to be compliant with state licensing and association requirements
- Review program billing reports and assist with assuring timely payments. Follow-up with providers when necessary
- Develop and maintain curriculum plans for child care center. Implement character values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and developmental assets into curriculum. Ensure implementation through lesson plans
- Promote program awareness by providing tours of the center, parent orientations and coordinating participant registration
- Assist child care staff in lesson planning, set up and instruction
- Develop, manage, and monitor department budget in accordance with procedures and policies. Assess and recommend budgeting for facility and equipment needs
- Attend community organizations and committees in regards to Early Childhood
- Address behavior that is inappropriate and not consistent with positive character values in a manner that does not devalue the individual
- Consistently affirm, reinforce, and reward behaviors that support the core values. Set up behavior modification plans and parent conferences, as needed
- Promptly respond to all emergency situations by adhering to the current emergency procedure guidelines and participate in Manage on Duty schedule. Complete incident and accident reports as necessary
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures
- Uphold the core values of the YMCA ( Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility) when dealing with people within the YMCA facilities and in the community
- Work 40 hours a week including some weekends
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have Associate’s Degree or higher, in early childhood education
- Minimum of 2 years experience with youth programming
- Must become CPR and First Aid certified.
- Must provide a negative T.B. clearance
- Must have Federal fingerprinting done with a clear criminal background.
- Must take Blood Borne Pathogens, Health and Safety training courses 1 & 2, Child Abuse, and YMCA New Employee Orientation training within 30 days of hire
The YMCA is seeking a Youth & Family Coordinator. This part-time management position is responsible for planning, development, supervision, administration, and evaluation of all youth and family programs, services and special events, including Tot Watch, Kids Gym, Youth Center, Healthy Kids Day and Halloween at the Y. Full-time opportunities may be available in the future.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a membership-based organization that promotes healthy lifestyles and the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Applicant must have excellent people skills, high energy and self-motivation! Experience in related field is preferred. Great team focused work environment included. 20-30 hours a week. $14.00-$17.00/hr.
Submit cover letter, resume, application and 4 references to Jenna Zdunek, YMCA, 1420 Pine Street, Marquette, MI 49855. Deadline: 7/28/21. No phone calls please.
The maintenance staff is responsible for keeping the YMCA building, equipment, and grounds in a safe, clean, and functional manner. The health and safety of our members is paramount. Cleaning and maintaining the facility and equipment is critical to our success as a business. The overall impression our guests receive should be positive at all times.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills.
- Prior experience in maintenance and/or janitorial work is preferred.
- Must have a friendly, outgoing and helpful personality, along with an understanding of working with people from diverse backgrounds. Ability to multitask is essential.
- Must be able to operate various types of cleaning equipment, including, but not limited to: floor finishers, vacuums, carpet extractors, ladders, and general cleaning equipment and standard hand tools.
- Must have good command of the English language to take direction, write work orders, and read and understand chemical labeling and material safety sheets.
- Must be able to work in awkward, cramped or poorly lit areas, stand for periods of up to four hours, have sufficient manual dexterity to operate tools and cleaning equipment, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Complete incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Be consistently on time, help substitute. Attend staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Exemplify the YMCA mission and values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility in all aspects of job performance and interactions/relationships with others.
The YMCA of Marquette County is looking for a lifeguard with a current certification available for daytime hours and a flexible schedule. This individual is positive and responsible and believes in the YMCA principles of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. If you are interested in applying please respond by contacting Tricia Syrjala at the YMCA in Marquette!!!
Under the supervision of the Training and Wellness Director, Member Well-being staff will instruct fitness orientations and programming, and assist and supervise members in the wellness center. They will help build community in our organization while emphasizing safety, fun, and effectiveness. Through training, staff will gain a general knowledge of all programs, membership, special events, and general facility information needed to answer questions, concerns, and be able to promote all the above to members and guests.
1. Exemplify the YMCA mission and values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility in all aspects of job performance and interactions/relationships with others
2. Help lead monthly staff meeting and trainings
3. Provide the best customer service to all members and guests visiting the facility by assisting with all comments and concerns people may have and by promoting all programs and services provided by our organization.
4. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduces new members to group exercise communities based their health and well-being goals.
5. Competently lead wellness programming as assigned. Correctly complete required paperwork and follow up.
6. For safety and for the preservation of equipment monitor wellness to be sure that equipment is being used properly and exercises are being performed correctly.
7. Build relationships with members and guests to make them feel welcome and part of our family at the YMCA and the community including completing new member phone calls.
8. Participate in on-going training and meeting to better equip yourself and the organization.
9. Have knowledge of all facility programs, events, and activities offered by the organization.
10. Clean area and correct any safety hazards. Set up and organize equipment and report any problems or needs with equipment to supervisor.
11. All other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Experience is some aspect of health, fitness, or wellness is required. An educational background in health and exercise physiology is preferred and obtaining a professional certification is strongly recommended.
3. CPR and First Aid certification must be obtained within ninety days of employment.
4. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
5. A desire to help others achieve their goals in health and wellness.
1. Ability to move or stand for up to 6 hours.
2. Ability to operate wellness center equipment and demonstrate aerobic, muscle conditioning and flexibility exercises.
3. Lifting items up to 50 pounds.
The YMCA of Marquette County is hiring for a part time Before and/or After School assistant teacher for our KI Sawyer site and Gilbert site in Gwinn. This position is responsible for building positive relationships with families, staff, children and communities, helps follow and meet licensing regulations, and YMCA policies, meet and provide professional development requirements and has strong leadership skills.
Previous experience working with children is desired. Must be knowledgeable in child development; caring, honest, respectful, responsible and enjoy spending time with school age children.
The YMCA of Marquette County is hiring for a full time non-exempt position Infant Toddler Teacher for the YMCA Early Childhood Development Program in Marquette. This position is responsible for organizing, planning and leading activities designed to promote cognitive, physical, emotional and social development, in the form of games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips. Evaluation of the classroom program and child assessments. Overseeing child care staff members for a specific group of children and overall care and supervision of children.
Applicants must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma. An early childhood bachelor’s degree or elementary education degree with an early childhood endorsement is desired. Applicants must have 3 semester hours, 4.5 CUEs, or 45 hours of approved infant and toddler development and care practices. Previous experience and education in early childhood development is desired.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a membership-based organization that promotes healthy lifestyles and the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Applicant must have excellent people skills, high energy and self-motivation!
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Are you passionate about the YMCA values and mission?
We are looking for open minded, fundraising focused, forward thinking individuals to join our YMCA Board of Directors. Your term would begin in 2021.
Please return a completed board application to the YMCA of Marquette County at the address listed below, or you may email it to [email protected] Applications can be found at the YMCA Front Desk. Applications due 11/15/20.