CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
The YMCA of Marquette County is looking for a lifeguard with a current certification available for daytime hours and a flexible schedule. This individual is positive and responsible and believes in the YMCA principles of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. If you are interested in applying please respond by contacting Tricia Syrjala at the YMCA in Marquette!!!
Under the supervision of the Training and Wellness Director, Member Well-being staff will instruct fitness orientations and programming, and assist and supervise members in the wellness center. They will help build community in our organization while emphasizing safety, fun, and effectiveness. Through training, staff will gain a general knowledge of all programs, membership, special events, and general facility information needed to answer questions, concerns, and be able to promote all the above to members and guests.
1. Exemplify the YMCA mission and values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility in all aspects of job performance and interactions/relationships with others
2. Help lead monthly staff meeting and trainings
3. Provide the best customer service to all members and guests visiting the facility by assisting with all comments and concerns people may have and by promoting all programs and services provided by our organization.
4. Builds effective, authentic relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA. Introduces new members to group exercise communities based their health and well-being goals.
5. Competently lead wellness programming as assigned. Correctly complete required paperwork and follow up.
6. For safety and for the preservation of equipment monitor wellness to be sure that equipment is being used properly and exercises are being performed correctly.
7. Build relationships with members and guests to make them feel welcome and part of our family at the YMCA and the community including completing new member phone calls.
8. Participate in on-going training and meeting to better equip yourself and the organization.
9. Have knowledge of all facility programs, events, and activities offered by the organization.
10. Clean area and correct any safety hazards. Set up and organize equipment and report any problems or needs with equipment to supervisor.
11. All other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent communication skills.
2. Experience is some aspect of health, fitness, or wellness is required. An educational background in health and exercise physiology is preferred and obtaining a professional certification is strongly recommended.
3. CPR and First Aid certification must be obtained within ninety days of employment.
4. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
5. A desire to help others achieve their goals in health and wellness.
1. Ability to move or stand for up to 6 hours.
2. Ability to operate wellness center equipment and demonstrate aerobic, muscle conditioning and flexibility exercises.
3. Lifting items up to 50 pounds.
The YMCA of Marquette County is hiring for a part time Before and/or After School assistant teacher for our KI Sawyer site and Gilbert site in Gwinn. This position is responsible for building positive relationships with families, staff, children and communities, helps follow and meet licensing regulations, and YMCA policies, meet and provide professional development requirements and has strong leadership skills.
Previous experience working with children is desired. Must be knowledgeable in child development; caring, honest, respectful, responsible and enjoy spending time with school age children.
The YMCA of Marquette County is hiring for a full time non-exempt position Infant Toddler Teacher for the YMCA Early Childhood Development Program in Marquette. This position is responsible for organizing, planning and leading activities designed to promote cognitive, physical, emotional and social development, in the form of games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips. Evaluation of the classroom program and child assessments. Overseeing child care staff members for a specific group of children and overall care and supervision of children.
Applicants must be at least 19 years of age and have a high school diploma. An early childhood bachelor’s degree or elementary education degree with an early childhood endorsement is desired. Applicants must have 3 semester hours, 4.5 CUEs, or 45 hours of approved infant and toddler development and care practices. Previous experience and education in early childhood development is desired.
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a membership-based organization that promotes healthy lifestyles and the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Applicant must have excellent people skills, high energy and self-motivation!
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Are you passionate about the YMCA values and mission?
We are looking for open minded, fundraising focused, forward thinking individuals to join our YMCA Board of Directors. Your term would begin in 2021.
Please return a completed board application to the YMCA of Marquette County at the address listed below, or you may email it to [email protected] Applications can be found at the YMCA Front Desk. Applications due 11/15/20.