Welcome back to the YMCA!!!
We’re excited to announce that Marquette County has begun to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs including Day Camp and our Child Development Center.
Please be assured that your safety is our number one priority. We have put careful thought and planning into our reopening. We have followed guidance from the CDC, local health agencies and public officials to update our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and make appropriate accommodations for physical/social distancing so that every person who walks through our doors can stay safe and protected while getting back to what matters most: your health, your family and friends, and your community. Welcome back!
As we welcome the community back to the Y, we want to assure you that safety remains our top priority. We have taken all necessary steps to ensure the safety of our members, program participants, volunteers and staff. This means things will look and feel a little different. When you come back to the Y, this is what you can expect:
Masks or Face coverings (covering nose and mouth) are required for all individuals 2 years and older while at the YMCA.
Face coverings do not need to be worn in the following circumstances:
- When working out or swimming or engaging in physical activity outside
- When doing so poses a greater mental or physical health, safety, or security risk
- Children enrolled in our Child Developement Center and Day Camps
- When consuming food or drink
What does this look like in the Y?
There are several scenarios where an individual’s activities and/or medical
history may make wearing a mask a safety concern. If a member or staff must remove their mask due to difficulty
breathing, we require that they ensure 6’ of distance from people not in their household while their mask is down.
This means you may see members working out with a mask down (equipment is spaced 6’ apart), you may see staff
such as lifeguards and group ex instructors with their mask down (6’ of distance maintained).
Generally, wear your mask whenever safe to do so. If you cannot or a child is not able to, ensure social distancing of 6’ is followed.
- Please follow our Health Check at the door
- Masks are required to enter any YMCA facility
- Facility use will only be for YMCA members, no guest passes will be available
- Nationwide membership will not be honored
- Free weights, cardio equipment, and working out for individuals ages 12+ is available
- Members must maintain 6-foot distance at all times
- Direct service staff will be wearing personal protective equipment
- There will be increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distancing
- Fans will not be available or allowed to be used in workout spaces
- Members must clean equipment BEFORE and AFTER use
- Locker rooms will be open with distancing and increased cleaning
- No Towel service including shower towels and sweat towels are available. Please bring your own towel.
- Coffee will not be available
- Drinking fountains are not available. Water bottle fillers are available. Please bring a water bottle
- Hot Tub & Sauna are closed as stated in Executive Order #175
- ALL children must register in advance for Tot Watch. Registration opens 2 days in advance and closes 12 hours prior to session. This is to ensure we have the staff and spaced prepared for your child. Please call the Front Desk if you miss the cut off time and are interested in registering your child. There is no guarantee that there will be space or staff available if you have not registered in advance.
- One infant is allowed per session. To register an infant please contact the Front Desk directly.
- Temperatures will be taken and health questions will be asked before entering
- Children over 5 must wear a mask
- We will be doing our best to enforce distancing but it is your choice and knowledge in allowing your child in the Tot Watch room with other children and the understanding that sometimes kids act like kids and there may be times your child is not properly distanced. By placing your child in Tot Watch you are assuming this understanding of responsibility.
- No diaper changes or bathroom breaks will be permitted. In the case a child needs assistance the parent will be retrieved
- Parents/guardians are not permitted in the Tot Watch Room
- ALL children in the same family unit count as 1 registration. Please make sure all children entering Tot Watch meet requirements of age and infant limit. Please contact the front desk to register multiple children and to receive the family discounted rate.
- Financial Assistance IS available for this program. Please contact Rachel Berglund or the Front Desk for more information.
- The Kids Gym is open to children 5-12
- Registration is required before attending. In the case that no one is signed up in advance for the Kids Gym the YMCA reserves the right to not open the Kids Gym
- Masks are required
- There is a 10 child maximum per session
- Structured activities will be provided during one hour sessions. This will help to keep children occupied as well as encouraging distancing at the same time. Activities include but are not limited to; obstacle courses, parachute, relay races, etc.
- In addition there are opportunities on the weekend for member families to reserve the Kids Gym space.
- Space reservation time is limited to 1 hour.
- Families may join reservations as they see fit using their own personal precautions and safety guidelines.
- All participants MUST be members
- All Participants must sign COVID-19 waiver
- If parent is not comfortable with swim instructor within 6ft a parent will be required to be in the water during the lesson
- Masks are not required for participants but ARE required for those watching the lessons
- Class capacity is limited
- Other pool guidelines are expected to be followed to ensure safety
- Use Green door in back of building leading to the Youth Center
- Temperature check of each child before entering the program
- Parent Sign in will have clean pens. Used pens will need to be sanitized before reuse
- Health Screening questions will be asked before entering
- No groups larger than 10. 9 campers:1 staff
- We will roate between kids gym, youth center, big gym, and outside
- Rooms will be cleaned between each group
- campers will wash hands as they change rooms, before and after meals, and after bathroom use. More often as we deem necessary.
- Staff will wear masks walking around the Y but will have their choice in the rooms
- If child is wearing a mask they will need to be able to take off their mask by themselves in case they are having difficulty breathing because of mask.
- If child starts to get ill during the day they will be isolated in the “health center,” their temperature taken, and parents called for immediate pick up.
- Reasons for immediate pick-up are; temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, persistent cough, diarrhea, vomiting, or shortness of breath.
- To come back to camp children will have to be fever free for 72 hours without any fever reducing medication.