Reach & Rise Group Mentoring Program
IMPACT OF GROUP MENTORINGReach and Rise utilizes therapeutic approaches which are equally rooted in evidenced-based mentoring practices, mental health modalities, and therapeutic concepts to be delivered in a group format.
Benefits of group mentoring include:
- Normalization of developmental milestones and challenges
- Reduction of feelings of isolation
- Role modeling of appropriate coping mechanisms
- General peer support and enhanced social relationships
- Demonstrated improvements in personal development
- Improved academic performance
- Be at least 21years old
- Complete the 15+ hour training
- Commit to 16-week mentoring session during the fall and spring, or 8 weeks over the summer.
- Pass fingerprint security screening
- Co-facilitate 2-hour mentoring group
- Check-in weekly with program director
- Monthly phone check-in with assigned mentees
INSPIRE A FUTURE BECOME A MENTORBy sharing your time and guidance, you can help your mentees express feelings, have a positive outlook for the future, become more confident and improve at school. You’ll learn how to be a positive role model and gain a better perspective of the pressures and challenges that youth face.
The ideal Reach & Rise® mentor is
WHO ARE OUR MENTORS?
- A dependable, responsible adult who wants to share new interests and experiences with youth.
- A team player, who is open to supporting and collaborating with others
- A friend, counselor, role model, supporter and guide.
- Someone who can listen, respect different points of view and empathize with a child’s struggles.
Mentee Referal Form Here
MORE INFORMATIONFor information view our brochure here or to learn more about volunteering as a mentor, please contact:
Jasmin Roden, LLBSW
YMCA of Marquette County
1420 Pine Street, Marquette, MI 49855
P 906.227.9622 F 906.227.9248
W ymcamqt.org E firstname.lastname@example.org